Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Tobias' First Birthday Party

I have been waiting to post pictures, but as I have already informed you...well, it's too painful to say again. Anyway...

We took Tobias to our favorite restaurant (so favorite that it was the first meal I had after having Natalia. Indeed, my in-laws brought it to my delivery room), Hole-In-The-Wall BBQ. We were joined by my parents, brother, and grandmother, and Mark's parents, brother, niece and nephews, Aunt, Uncle and cousin. Tobias packed away the food, anything and everything we would feed him. He also helped himself to his grandfather's french fries. Grandpa retrieved a fist full of fries and surprisingly, Tobias didn't cry. We soon discovered that he had secreted away a few french fries in the other hand. We had his picture taken with the pig hat and packed everyone up.

We went back to our house for presents, cake and ice cream. He was thrilled with his gifts and opening the presents. He has to fend off his sisters, who are very interested in the toys that he received. He really likes the cars and musical book, but he has played with each of his toys numerous times already.

After opening all of the presents, we gave him his first cake. Isabella requested a cake she had seen in a cook book, but I didn't have a bundt pan and I didn't want to buy one (I probably wouldn't use it again for several years). Anyway, I used a mini springform pan and but a prep cup in the center. It worked, it looked like a donut, but it worked. From there, I frosted it with chocolate icing, sprinkles, 3 straws were stuck in it to support the carousel top and animal crackers were put between the straws to complete the carousel picture. (Apologies for the description, but again no pictures available)

He grabbed the animal crackers one at a time. Once they were gone, he picked at all of the sprinkles. Once these too were gone, he began taking pinches of frosting. Bigger and bigger, until he was also eating cake. He was tired because, at this point, it was past his bedtime. He kept rubbing his hands in his hair and, yes you guessed it, plastered his hair with frosting. (This was the last time I remember having my camera)

We went straight to the bathtub and then back to the living room to get in some more play time before bed.

No comments: