Saturday, March 3, 2012

Errant Art



I bought a picture frame but, when I got home, I discovered that it was actually a legal document frame and was too large for my standard 8 1/2 x 11 photo. I had set it aside to return for the right size. Well, I waited to long and Tobias broke the glass. I decided to throw it away, because I could no longer return it and it would cost more to replace the glass than the whole frame. Before I did, I decided to repurpose it. I used some Aida cloth and some stuffing and turned it into a padded earring display. It worked really well for all my shepherd hook earrings, but I favor the ones that have a hook and clasp. I also decided that I didn't care for the plain white background. So the following picture is a work in progress and will be followed by a finished product picture in a few days (or weeks).

No comments: