Thursday, July 1, 2010

Experi-mint-al Cheesecake

I made a yummy cake for Natalia's birthday. I covered it with a mint cream cheese frosting. The only trouble was that the recipe made an abundant amount of frosting. I was left with a very sweet minty cream cheese and not a lot of ideas of what to do with it. That is until I got my next sweets craving. I am a cheesecake girl. The more I thought about the cream cheese in the refrigerator, the more I wondered if I could turn it into a cheesecake. I couldn't come up with any other ideas so it was just going to go to waste. I decided that an egg was worth the sacrifice if the cheesecake didn't turn out.

I whisked in an egg. I had some mint dark chocolate that I broke up and mixed into my "batter". I filled my 4in springform pan. We have no cookies or graham crackers on hand, so I opted to not have a crust. I cooked the cheesecake at 350 for 15 min and then lowered it to 225 for 50 min. It is presently cooling on my counter and looks beautiful. I can't wait to try it. (Yes, that's a fingerprint in the middle, because I just couldn't resist)


No comments: